Transparency effects is most clear in Safari, where scrolling down results in a weak, ghostly picture of the current page showing up under the program toolbar. On the off chance that that page has a colored foundation, the whole toolbar will change color.
You can likewise see this in the envelope sidebars of Mail and the Finder, each of which offers an iced glass take a gander at whatever's behind them — your desktop foundation or an alternate window. What's more all through OS X, application menus use translucency to help you to remember what's behind them.
Apple says this gimmick gives "a more noteworthy attention on your substance." I'm not sold; albeit translucent menus don't appear to be as much of a visual snag as misty ones, the general impact is occupying, the peculiarity doesn't let me know anything I didn't know, and the processor cycles dedicated to creating these transparent visuals can't help my Macbook Air's battery life.
How would I turn off the transparent effects in OS X Yosemite? Whatever other transforms I ought to make?
Among all the progressions in Apple's new Mac working framework, OS X Yosemite's translucency effects are among the most evident and, contingent upon your taste, frightful.
To turn off transparency, open the System Preferences app and select "Accessibility." Select "Display" in the left-hand column, then click the checkbox next to "Reduce Transparency." You may need to restart some apps to dispel that effect; for instance, an iMac's copy of Mail retained a translucent sidebar until I quit and re-opened the app.
(As Kirk Mcelhearn reasonably whined in the post at Macworld that uncovered this alternative to me, a setting like this has a place under System Preferences' General class, where you alter most different parts of the Mac interface.)
At that point I'd investigate the data served up by Yosemite's Notifications Center. That some piece of the framework now works considerably more like the warnings list on an iPhone or iPad, demonstrating both overhauls from applications and in addition the climate (that part appears clear until you permit it to check your area) and your timetable.
To change what shows up there, basically click the "Alter" catch at the bottom of Notifications Center. For instance, I jettisoned the Stocks module (as a columnist, I can't put resources into organizations I cover, and fixating over every day value changes is an oversight at any rate), yet included a world-clock module.
You can likewise include outsider gadgets through the Mac App Store. The determination is little right now, with just 16 recorded Thursday morning, however I anticipate that that will become as more Mac clients take the free move up to Yosemite.
One other Yosemite transform you may need to turn around prowls in Safari. In Yosemite, that program no more demonstrates the full address of a site; unless you click there, you just see the area name. To change that, open Safari's "Inclination" window, click "Progressed," and click in the checkbox by "Show full site address."
At long last, in the event that you have a Mac portable computer yet haven't empowered Filevault circle encryption, I would do so now. This guarantees that if your smart phone is lost or stolen, no one can get at its substance without your framework watchword. To actuate Filevault, open System Preferences and select "Security & Privacy."
Full-screen mode in Yosemite
The three buttons at the upper left corner of most Mac windows show up a bit distinctive in Yosemite — like a great part of whatever remains of that discharge, they wear a compliment look — furthermore don't work the way they did in prior OS X discharges.
While the red and yellow buttons still close a window or minimize it to a symbol in the "Dock" menu, the green buttons now regularly flips a window into full-screen mode. That can help with assignments like demonstrating a presentation or a Web page without diversions, however it can likewise come as a shock.
To passageway full-screen mode, click the green buttons once more; on the off chance that you don't see those window catches, push the cursor into the upper left corner and they ought to re-show up. In a few applications, hitting the Esc key at the upper left of the console can likewise.